Easy and fast way to cook several vegetables with robust flavor in one shot. The roasted vegetables included are broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, and brussels sprouts.
I know you love super simple recipes. This is a great roasted vegetable side dish for any meal. You can serve it with grilled fish or baked chicken. Or toss in some marinated tofu, chicken, shrimp, or cubed salmon. Just be gentle when tossing and flipping during the cooking process.
This will go great with my Grilled Turmeric Herbed Tofu or Mouthwatering Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Pine Nuts Turkey Meatballs; follow the recipe and toss it in. Or serve it on the side with the Curried Air Fryer Lamb Chops with Chickpea Cucumber Salad recipe.
First, add the broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini, and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Then combine them with dried oregano, rosemary, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, thyme, chili pepper flakes, ground paprika, salt, black pepper, and avocado oil in a large mixing bowl. Finally, cook in the air fryer.
Make it easier on yourself by mixing your spices in bulk and storing them in a small glass jar container for quick use when prepping your meals.
For easy Clean-Up, I tend to use parchment paper when roasting or baking. It’s such an easier cleanup. Or try air fryer liners.
- Herb Blend - Try substituting it with one tablespoon of Italian herb seasoning for quicker prep. Or you can chop and use fresh—1 tablespoon chopped for every teaspoon of dry.
- Red Pepper Chili Flakes - Diced chilies or Aleppo pepper flakes can be used.
- Garlic and Onion Powder - Use fresh—1 tablespoon chopped for every teaspoon of dry.
- Avocado Oil - This oil was chosen due to its high smoke point. You can also try canola oil. But please read your air fryer manual for suitable oils. Oil can burn, leaving your roasted vegetables tasting funny.
- Lemon Zest - Used for an aromatic citrus kick, but you can also use a splash of lemon juice at the end instead.
These other vegetables are great for roasting; ensure you cut them in uniform size for even cooking.
- Acorn Squash
- American or Japanese Sweet Potatoes
- Asparagus (jumbo)
- Butternut Squash
- Chili Peppers (mild for flavor)
- Tomatoes (Plum, Cherry, or Campari)
- Yellow Squash
- Air Fryer - This recipe was developed using the Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill. If you do not have an air fryer, you can try roasting in the oven. You have two options with different results: a sheet pan with parchment paper or a sheet pan with a sheet pan rack. The parchment paper will produce vegetables roasted in their juices and caramelization at the bottom. In contrast, the sheet pan rack will result in just roasting around the vegetables due to the hot air flowing around the vegetables. Now, the trick is not to overcrowd in whatever method you choose, but if this happens, toss in between cooking.
- Large Mixing Bowl - For combining the vegetables and seasoning with oil before being placed in the air fryer.
- Parchment Paper - for easy clean up. You can even try these air fryer liners.
- Refrigerator - To store in the refrigerator, you can place the roasted vegetables in a shallow 2-inch pan to cool down quickly. Then store in an airtight container. The meal will last up to four days.
- Freezer- First, follow the refrigeration process mentioned above. Then you can place it in the freezer in a labeled, airtight container or vacuum-sealed bag.
Spice & Herb Prep - Make it easier on yourself by mixing your spices in bulk and storing them in a small glass jar container for quick use when preparing meals. I use this all-purpose mixture for a lot of my dishes. It contains oregano, thyme, rosemary, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and ground black pepper. Sometimes I add some lemon peel, marjoram, sage, etc. I use the Ball Mini 4 Oz Miniature Jars, but I've noticed they are not readily available like their Ball 4-Ounce Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars. Either one will work. But other spice jars are readily available.
Ready to Roast - Also, try making batches of prepped vegetables that you can easily throw in a mixing bowl and season with herbs and oil for a quick roasted vegetable side dish.
Side Dish Ideas Recipes
Looking for other side dish recipes like this? Try these:
Looking for other vegetarian recipes like this? Try these:
- Cook chicken to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C).
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat to prevent food bourne illness from contaminated uncooked meats.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat to prevent cross-contamination.
- Don't leave food at room temperature for extended periods; this can breed bacteria.
- Never leave cooking food unattended to prevent burns and fires.
- Use oils with a high smoke point to avoid harmful compounds.
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Have a Question or Comment?
If you have a question or comment about this roasted vegetable recipe, please post it below. You will definitely get a quick response. It also helps our other readers to stay informed. Thanks!